The University of Canberra offers a wide range of professional education services to provide students with the relevant training and development for the workforce, including professional bodies and government departments.
Located in the Bruce Precinct, which includes the Australian Institute of Sport (AIS), the University of Canberra carries out research within several academic areas including sport, exercise and education providing teacher training. The University of Canberra, Research Institute for Sport and Exercise (UCRISE) was established to provide research and innovation from a range of academic disciplines centering around one theme, sport. The faculty of Education, Science, Technology and Mathematics based at the University of Canberra also provides 21st century education within provisions of pedagogy.
The campus offers a range of facilities and services which provide the perfect setting for the conference:
- the conference hub, The Refectory which will be home to the trade exhibitors and catering
- Sporting Commons, the international centre of excellence in sport
- three gymnasiums
- tennis courts
- six ovals and skills field
- UC Fit!
- UC Research Institute for Sport and Exercise (UCRISE)
- headquarters for Brumbies (Super Rugby team)
- campus shopping and banking
- campus parking
- Map of the University of Canberra (1.1 MB)