ACHPER has responded in a number of ways to the draft Australian Curriculum: Health and Physical Education Foundation to Year 10. As well as providing a response from the National Board, ACHPER Branches were involved in video conferencing workshops that gave ACARA direct and purposeful feedback on the rationale, structure and detailed content of the draft curriculum.
ACHPER also encouraged members to respond individually, as schools/departments, and also on a regional basis.
ACARA is currently dealing with the wide variety of responses that come from health, physical education and sport sectors.
ACHPER National's response to ACARA is available below.
- ACHPER National Response to ACARA - April 2013 (224 KB)
- Draft Australian Curriculum HPE Foundation to Year 10 (1.18 MB)
- ACHPER Response to Australian Curriculum HPE Shape Paper (97 KB)
- Australian Curriculum HPE Shape Paper (1.15 MB)
- National Statement of Learning (36 KB)
- Melbourne Declaration on Educational Goals for Young Australians (951 KB)