ACHPER has been closely involved in discussions and meetings with ACARA and contributed significant feedback from the States/Territories and National to inform the discussions on the H&PE Curriculum.
In early September, National President Graeme Quelch advised ACARA that ACHPER would endorse the final draft of the curriculum to go to the ACARA Board for approval, based upon feedback from all States and Territories. ACARA is now undertaking final close editing work and it is anticipated that the curriculum will be endorsed by the Minister's for Education in late November or early December.
ACHPER National also convened a major forum for invited delegates prior to the International Conference in Melbourne to interrogate some proposals for action by ACHPER to support the implementation of the curriculum at a National level. Outcomes from this forum will be shared here shortly.
- ACHPER National Response to ACARA - April 2013 (224 KB)
- Draft Australian Curriculum HPE Foundation to Year 10 (1.18 MB)
- ACHPER Response to Australian Curriculum HPE Shape Paper (97 KB)
- Australian Curriculum HPE Shape Paper (1.15 MB)
- National Statement of Learning (36 KB)
- Melbourne Declaration on Educational Goals for Young Australians (951 KB)