Call for Papers for 29th ACHPER International Conference
14th Jul 14
Call for Papers - now open!
The 29th ACHPER International Conference Program Committee invites submissions for presentations at www.achper2015.com. The Conference theme is ‘Values into Action - A Brighter Future’ with the sub themes listed below. Please indicate on the Conference Submission Details which of the sub themes best aligns with your presentation and nominate the length of time for your proposed session. Presentations will be structured in concurrent sessions of 20 minutes, 45 minutes or 90 minutes in length. You are encouraged to make your presentation as engaging and interactive as possible. The Program Committee reserves the right to allocate presentations to specific sub themes and to nominate the type of session based on the content, time and space available.
- The educative purpose of HPE
- Strengths based HPE
- Learning in, through & about movement
- Health literacy
- Critical inquiry and problem solving in HPE
- Sport Pedagogies
Presentation Submission Process
All presentation types are required to submit an abstract for consideration in the program. Abstracts must be submitted via the online form with a maximum of 300 words, which can be found on the conference website: www.achper2015.com. Once received, abstracts will be double blind reviewed and reviewers’ comments will be provided in due course. Papers that are accepted are eligible to be published in the Conference Proceedings.
- Paper (APA referenced paper, 300 word abstract) - Accepted Papers must use APA referencing and be a maximum of 5 A4 pages (single spacing) including diagrams or 3,000 words. Full papers are required to be submitted via email by 1 February 2015 to be published in the online proceedings. Full papers will be blind peer reviewed by two anonymous reviewers. Revisions to your paper may be necessary to be included in the proceedings. Media files are not required for the reviewing process, if your paper is accepted and you wish to incorporate media files the Committee will request them at the final publication stage. Presentations will be 20 minutes in duration.
- Presentation (300 word abstract, no paper) - Presentations will be 20 minutes in duration and abstracts must be submitted via the online form with a maximum of 300 words.
- Workshop (active or non-active) (300 word abstract, no paper) - Workshop sessions will be either 45 or 90 minutes in duration. If you are interested in presenting a workshop, you will be required to submit a 300 word abstract via the online form. Workshop presentations should be engaging and inclusive and represent teaching for effective learning.
- Forum (300 word abstract) - A forum is 90 minutes in duration and a space where an exchange of ideas can occur. A 300 word abstract must be submitted.
- Poster (A0 format poster, 300 word abstract) - Poster submissions in AO format (Height 120cm x width 90cm) may be submitted. A 300 word abstract must be submitted via the online form. The abstract should include author title(s), and affiliation(s) to allow the planning committee to assign the poster to a sub-theme.
Conference Submission Details (SUBMISSION DATE EXTENDED)
Please complete the conference submission details located at www.achper2015.com and submit your abstract electronically by 28 November 2014. You will be notified of your involvement by January 2015.
Abstract submission opens - 9 July 2014
Abstract submission closes - 28 November 2014
Authors notified of outcome - January 2015
Final paper submission closes - 1 February 2015
Program released - February 2015
Awards for Early Career Researcher, Young Scholar and Academic Poster will be awarded at the Conference.
Early Career Researcher Award - The ACHPER Early Career Researcher Award is intended to commend and encourage outstanding research work by those who have recently completed a doctoral thesis. Researchers who are within the first five years after a doctoral award (the ARC definition of an ECR) are eligible to be considered an Early Career Researcher.
Young Scholar Award - The ACHPER Young Scholar Award is intended to commend and encourage outstanding scholarship by those who have not completed a doctoral thesis, inspiring them to undertake a doctorate if they are not yet doing so. Researchers who are within five years of being awarded a research degree will be considered young scholars.
Academic Poster Award - Academic posters will be reviewed by the Conference Academic Committee on the basis of quality, clarity and impact. The highest scoring poster will be announced at the conference as the 2015 ACHPER International Conference Academic Poster Award.
If you wish that your paper/poster be considered for these awards, please clearly indicate this on your online submission form for your peer reviewed paper.
For more information please contact Conference Secretariat: ACHPER (SA)
105 King William St, Kent Town SA 5070 | Ph: +61 8 8363 5700 | Fax: +61 8 8362 9800
Email: email@example.com | Web: www.achper2015.com