2012 National H&PE Day Ambassadors
The aim of National H&PE Day is to promote the importance of health and physical education and to celebrate the successful things you do in schools.
Read how some schools celebrated the day in 2012 below:
- Irene McCormack Catholic College, WA held an expo for health and fitness to promote the importance of health and physical education for their students.
- Eidsvold State School, QLD participated in the daily challenges of the HPE Head to Head competition (part of ACHPER QLD HPE Week activities), with teachers competing against students in some of the events!
On National Health & PE Day, the school had a "dress up as your favourite sporting star", a healthy lunch day and all students walked 1km as part of the adidas Run Around the World event.
- Prep - Year 3 PE at Tannum Sands State School, QLD participated in a monster obstacle course revolving around movement with and without manipulation of equipment, as well as also participating in the whole school adidas Run Around The World event. They used these physical activities to promote fun, health and wellbeing. They digitally recorded them to celebrate the day & provide feedback for students and as part of the evaluation process for teachers while having some fun.
- Preps & Year 1's at Grand Avenue State School, QLD celebrated National Health & PE Day by participating in the adidas Run Around The World event.
- Kotara South Public School, NSW held a family activity day and fun run.
- Students from K to Year 6 at Our Lady of the Rosary Catholic School, The Entrance, NSW participated in the adidas Run Around The World event on National Health & PE Day.
- The Year 7 students at Terra Sancta College Schofields, NSW celebrated National Health & PE Day by participating in the adidas Run Around the World event. Every day is Health & PE Day at Terra Sancta!!
- Our Lady's College Annerley, QLD got into the spirit of HPE Week up in Queensland with 51 runners participating in the Bridge to Brisbane on Sunday morning. A Students (Yrs 8-10) vs Staff Sit Up Challenge was held on Tuesday at lunch. As a group, they aimed to achieve over 2000 sit ups, hopefully more! They also made Friday Zumba Friday, with the whole school (Yrs 8-12) getting together to participate in Zumba (conducted by a professional instructor).
- Our Lady of Mercy College Parramatta, NSW celebrated National Health & PE Week in NSW by holding a trivia quiz on Monday in lunchtime. They participated in the adidas Run Around The World event on National Health & PE Day, as well as hold the OLMC Greatest Athlete Challenge in lunchtime where students could sign up to the challenge consisting of sit & reach, standing long jump, sit ups in 1 min and how far can you row in 1 min. HPE celebrations concluded on Friday with a netball passing and one bounce competition, as well as a handball competition.
- The whole of Nuriootpa Primary School, SA participated in the adidas Run Around The World event to celebrate National Health & PE Day.
- In conjunction with "Are You Okay Day", Charles Sturt University, NSW held "National Health and Physical Education Day" in order to promote healthy living and lifelong physical activity. The CSU Sports Council and PDHPE Faculty promoted healthy living for their students and the wider community.
- The pre-kinders at Casa Bambini, VIC participated in the adidas Run Around The World event & discussed the importance of staying fit and healthy & the ways to do this.
- Infants - K-2 at St Gregory's in NSW participated in an all day sports day. Primary 3-6 participated in a PE bonanza. Each class had an extra PE lesson and had Year 6 students acting as mini PE teachers!