ACHPER's role in advocacy involves:
- Advocating for HPE entitlement for all students;
- Seeking a quality Australian Curriculum: Health and Physical Education;
- Supporting quality pre-service preparation of teachers;
- Uptake of National Professional Standards for Teachers and school leaders;
- Promoting ACHPER membership as means of career enhancement and employability;
- Professional benefits of membership.
ACHPER has been closely involved in discussions and meetings with ACARA and contributed significant feedback from the States/Territories and National to inform the discussions on the HPE Curriculum.
ACHPER has been involved in the development and consultation process of the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers, as well as the development of online support materials for teachers seeking to enhance their careers through professional learning programs.
ACHPER has worked strategically to develop position statements in response to a number of issues in Health and Physical Education. ACHPER National encourages members, stakeholders and the wider public to view, utilize and disseminate these statements, which will be continually reviewed at the ACHPER National Representative Forum.