If you work or study in the health, physical education, sport and recreation industries, then you should get the most out of your profession by joining ACHPER - The Australian Council for Health, Physical Education and Recreation.
Reason #1: Advocacy and Representation
ACHPER will be working in your best interests and speaking on your behalf when it comes to input on important educative and professional issues. As the peak professional association, ACHPER led a strategic campaign for the inclusion of HPE in the Australian Curriculum and will continue to advance support for effective implementation across education contexts to make a different to active and healthy living for all Australians. As an ACHPER member you will be:
- Represented on State and National committees and Review Boards.
- Given a voice at State and Federal Government level.
- Represented in industry dealings with government agencies, businesses and community leaders.
Reason #2: Education
ACHPER will continue to provide you with access to numerous theoretical and practical Professional Learning activities to help you explore innovative ideas and pedagogical practices to further your career pathway. ACHPER professional learning is relevant, future focused, has impact and is mapped to the Australian Institute of Teaching and School Leadership (AITSL) standards to enhance career progression across all pathways from graduate to lead teacher. ACHPER engages with, and provides for professional learning across sport and recreation pathways wanting to enhance engagement within school setting s and provide community pathways for children and young adults.
- Rub shoulders with like-minded colleagues at our bi-annual ACHPER International Conferences.
- Receive discounted member rates on all ACHPER National and State/Territory Professional Learning conferences, seminars and workshops.
- Attend the Physical Education New Zealand (PENZ) Annual Conference at the PENZ member rate.
Reason #3: Information
ACHPER will provide you with access to articles and resources for your classroom via our National Journal and Magazine, as well as providing all of the latest HPE information on our website. ACHPER also provide you with access to current resources to engage you with evolving pedagogical approaches inclusive of the propositions from the recently endorsed AC:HPE.
- Receive electronic access to ACHPER's tri-annual publications, the Asia-Pacific Journal of Health, Sport and Physical Education and the Active and Healthy Magazine.
- Receive a monthly e-member update from ACHPER National.
- Receive regular updates and support materials from your host State/Territory Branch.
- Access to our members-only restricted site where you will have access to articles, special offers and the online management of, and secure payment for your ACHPER membership.
- Receive discounts and special offers on all of the latest health, sport, dance and physical education ACHPER publications from ACHPER's online store.
Reason #4: Networking and Community Building
ACHPER will help you to engage with professionals face-to-face or through digital platforms, making use of new technologies to bring you in contact with people who 'have quality input and ideas to provide’ on the profession and industry.
- Network with peers and industry experts via member networking events.
- Join the discussions through ACHPER's website, social networks and webinars.
- Gain access to the members’ area of the International Council for Sport Science and Physical Education (ICSSPE) website.
- Opportunity to join the Physical and Health Education Research Special Interest Group (SIG) email discussion list.
Download the Membership Benefits flier below.
- Membership Benefits Flyer (1.26Mb)